Awareness Brings Positive Change in Attitude Towards AIDS in Society: Chief Minister
SHIMLA, INDIA – November 30, 2023
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu today presided over a state-level function on World AIDS Day and announced that the government will launch a scheme to provide educational opportunities to the children of AIDS patients. He also gave away prizes to the best Red Ribbon Clubs and Best Service Centres.
- The Chief Minister said that the government will also launch a scheme for widows and specially-abled children in its upcoming budget.
- He said that the state government is mulling to bring major reforms in the health and education sector.
- Sukhu said that English medium education from class 1st would be started during the upcoming academic session in government schools.
- He said that the state government will bring the economy of Himachal Pradesh back on track in four years.
- The Chief Minister also flagged-off the awareness rally and evinced keen interest in the exhibition set up on the occasion of World AIDS Day.
- He announced to provide rupees one lakh to a woman suffering from AIDS as financial assistance.
The Chief Minister said that the government will bear the expenses of the studies of orphan children, accommodation, and other requirements. He said that arrangements have been made by the government for the upbringing of orphan children till the age of 27 years and has also enacted an act for this purpose.
Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu said that despite limited resources and heavy debt burden, the state government will bring the economy of Himachal Pradesh back on track in four years and in the next 10 years, Himachal Pradesh will be the most prosperous state in the country.
The Chief Minister also appreciated the efforts of the Principals of RKMV College, Shimla, RGGDC, Kotshera, Shimla, Centre of Excellence Government College, Sanjauli, Shimla, JLN Fine Arts College, Chaura Maidan, Shimla, St. Bede’s College Shimla, Government Sanskrit College, Shimla, Government Nursing College, Shimla, H.P. College of Education, Totu, Shimla, Shiwalik Nursing College, Bhatakuffar, Shimla, ITI, Shimla, Modern Nursing College, Government Senior Secondary School, Tutu, Government Senior Secondary School Sanjauli, and Government Senior Secondary School, Annadale for making the state-level function a success.
About World AIDS Day
World AIDS Day is observed on December 1st each year to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and to show support for people living with the disease. The theme for World AIDS Day 2023 is “Putting our shoulders to the wheel to end AIDS.”
The Himachal Pradesh government is taking several steps to combat HIV/AIDS, including providing educational opportunities to the children of AIDS patients, launching a scheme for widows and specially-abled children, and reforming the health and education sector. These efforts are essential to ending the AIDS epidemic in the state.