Himachal Pradesh Cabinet Approves Winter Session, Scrapping of Old Vehicles, and Other Decisions to Promote Sustainability, Development, and Welfare
Himachal Pradesh Cabinet approves Winter Session of H.P. Vidhan Sabha, Scrapping of old vehicles and Other Decisions
The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet, in its meeting held on Tuesday, decided to recommend the Governor to convene the Winter Session of H.P. Vidhan Sabha from December 19th to 23rd, 2023, at Tapovan Dharamshala.
- The Cabinet approved the scrapping of old vehicles and the waiver of Motor Vehicle Tax and associated interest and penalties for vehicles scrapped at Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSF).
- The Cabinet also approved the appointment of 4500 Para-workers in Jal Shakti Vibhag, 25 posts of Excise and Taxation Inspectors in the department of State Taxes and Excise, and 10 posts of Horticulture Development Officers in the Department of Horticulture.
- The Cabinet also decided to bring more areas of Shimla, Chopal, and Kullu under the planning area to check the haphazard construction in these areas.
- The Cabinet approved the amendment of the Himachal Pradesh Co-operative Societies Rules, 1971, to empower the cooperative societies functioning in the state.
- The Cabinet also approved the amendment of the rules of the Himachal Pradesh Hindu Public Religious Institutions and Charitable Endowments Rules, 1984, to make optimal use of gold and silver lying with the temples of the state.
- The Cabinet also approved the adoption of the six plus years of age criteria for the students seeking admission to Class-I in all the schools of the state from the academic session 2024-25.
- The Cabinet granted monthly rent of Rs. 5000 in rural areas and Rs. 10000 in urban areas for the disaster-affected families in the state.
The Cabinet also canceled the allotment of Jangi Thopan Powari Hydro Electric Power Project (780 MW) made in favor of SJVNL, as the company has failed to achieve progress in the implementation of the project within the stipulated time period.
The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet has made several important decisions in its meeting today. These decisions will have a significant impact on the state’s economy, environment, and education system.