Prime Minister Modi Inaugurates Priority Section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor
Ghaziabad, October 20: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor at Sahibabad RapidX Station in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on October 20, 2023. He also flagged off the Namo Bharat RapidX train connecting Sahibabad to Duhai Depot, marking the launch of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) in India.
The Namo Bharat RapidX train is a semi-high-speed train that will connect Delhi, Ghaziabad, and Meerut. It has a design speed of 180 km/hr and can cover the distance between Delhi and Meerut in 55 minutes. The train is equipped with modern amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and CCTV cameras.
The launch of the RRTS is a major milestone in the development of India’s infrastructure. It will provide a fast and efficient way for people to travel between Delhi and Meerut, and is expected to boost the economic development of the region.
Key high lights
- The Namo Bharat RapidX train is a symbol of India’s progress and development.
- The government is committed to providing better public transport facilities to the people.
- The government is investing heavily in developing modern infrastructure, including roads, railways, and airports.
- The government is also promoting the use of electric vehicles to reduce pollution.
- The government is committed to improving the lives of farmers and other marginalized sections of society.
- Namo Bharat RapidX train
- Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- infrastructure development
- public transport
- electric vehicles
- marginalized sections of society